Our vision: the global elimination of trachoma as a public health problem by 2020.
Our mission: to act as a catalyst for the comprehensive implementation of the SAFE strategy at scale in support of trachoma elimination programs in endemic countries.
ICTC members seek to pursue the following principles in their strategic operations and program planning:
- Implementation of the WHO SAFE strategy: playing to their strengths, stakeholders partner to comprehensively support SAFE implementation.
- Country ownership of national programs: support sustainable SAFE strategy implementation in accordance with national NTD and trachoma action plans.
- Partnership and participation: engage stakeholders from the outset in goal setting and implementation.
- Equity, inclusion and non-discrimination: build equity, inclusion and non-discrimination into programs to ensure that programs are better targeted towards those most in need.
- Integration: aim to undertake joint planning and implementation of services where relevant and possible, to build on other programs that can have an impact on trachoma.
- Use of evidence: underpin advocacy and programming for the full SAFE strategy with the best available evidence.
- Joint advocacy: reinforce the importance of SAFE at local, regional, national and international levels.